July 30, 2010

Belated Status Report

Last October I'd gotten 81,200 words (about the years 9 BC to AD 14) into a 240 page manuscript (somewhere between a 3rd and 13th overall draft). It was structured about 20% research summary and 80% reconstruction (story).  It both was and wasn't good enough to send for professional editing, but the tough thing was - what I couldn't get away from - I decided I just wasn't satisfied with the project still being what it was at that stage.

So I set it aside. As of now, that's where it still is. Aside.

Since then, however, it keeps threatening to split into two separate works, which is what I'd originally intended,  four years ago.  I hope it will.  Until then, I'll just keep blogging here.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Recent Posts
Recent Posts Widget